I got home a few hours ago from Heber, AZ. I went up to my friend Darcy's cabin. I wish I could day it was a fun-ish type of trip, which it was, but we had a mission. There is a man missing in Forrest Lakes, Mark Irby. Darcy is good friends with his brother Jim. So we went up there to help in the search of Mark. I was forbid to leave that cabin because of my previous cabin trip last year ending is a helicopter ride back to Scottsdale after an hour. Anyways, my job was to do what I do best: cook. We had 4 meals. 2 Jenny and her mom in law made and 2 we prepared when we got there. The guys helping with the search were all very happy to have warm meals. The search was called off on Saturday evening, just completely unsuccessful since there was still many feet of snow on the ground and with all the technology turning up with nothing, they decided to let the snow melt this week and head back up there on Friday. Hopefully they will find something.
But the cabin is amazing....here are a few pics, I didn't want to leave.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
just got home
written by cwgrl at 10:02 PM