Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!!

So Dan and I started out Saturday morning around 10:30a to head up to show low AZ to enjoy the cool weather, watch Chris race and ultimately spend some time together ;-) First we enjoyed a nice drive up to Show Low thru Globe, Superior, a bunch of mountains and trees to finally land in Show Low AZ. I don't remember much, but I think I passed thru there to go to Pinetop a time or two, but none the less it was exciting as the weather was perfect, about 85 I believe.



After we arrived, we attempted to find Chris, Shelly and Harold. They were at the casino or something, so we waited for about 50 minutes for them to get back. Chit chatted for alittle while, before Dan and I headed to the lake while the rest of the group went to work on the race car. We found a little spot off the shore of Fool Hollow Lake. There was a slight over cast, which made lounging around for a few hours all the better.





Took alittle stroll, ate and headed to the race track just in time to watch the mud packing.



After a night of racing, we headed home around 12:30a and got in around 4a, took a quick swim before I fell asleep around 5a to wake up by 9a. Didn't have much sleep, but it was all worth it =D